II Chronicles 7:14es 7:14
English: King James Version (1611) - KJV
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. shall call: or, thou, O virgin, shalt call
WP-Bible plugin is one of the most misunderstood Scriptures in the Bible but the most quoted. Why? Because we all want to believe God is going to bless us because we believe in His Son.
In this complex verse, there are 4 things we must do to receive God’s blessings, and ‘belief’ is not one of them.
This Scripture says “IF my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray , and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (15) Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.”
King David thought he would be the one to build the great temple, but in actuality his son Solomon did. This group of verses come after a great trial. Why do I say trial? Because in my eyes, building such a marvelous structure would be a tremendous trial for me!
In Chapter he finishes the temple and begins an awesome prayer. Please read and study that prayer. It is also a good example of humility and prayer.
The beginning of Chapter 7, we see Solomon called for a great fast. All the children of Israel came together to fast and pray for 7 days. (We don’t hear much about fasting today, but it is still an important Biblical opportunity for God to reach into our spiritual lives.)
It is after this time of seeking God, that the Lord appeared to Solomon and gave him this verse.
1. We must realize the Lord say’s “IF my people who are called by my name” Those of us who are Christians and strong believers are called by His Name…that is Christians. No where in the Bible do we see the word ‘Christianity’ but we do see ‘Christians’ or those who are Christ-like. These are the people the Lord is calling to Himself.
In our ritualistic, ‘religious’ country, we have come to believe we are all Christians or ‘Christ-like’. That is not true. There are many who call out ‘Lord Lord’ but never have known Christ as their Savior or God as their Father.
Those of us who are faithful, true Christians, must call out to God for His mercy on our lands!
2. As Christians we must humble ourselves before God. Coming to God in a haughty manner demanding Him to do things is not Scriptural. It is man trying to be in control of God. A humble heart is the way to approach God Almighty. This is why many of us have ‘Praise and Worship” before the ministry of the Word of God. This time is to being our thoughts and hearts to His presence so He can mold and form our hearts after Himself through the teaching of His Word. Not through our “Demand” God to do something in our life.
3. We must pray. If we do not pray, then we have no communication with God. It is through this two sided communication which we build a relationship and hear His voice. Many of us go to God and only state needs, wishes and expect Him to move NOW! We forget to just shut-up, be still before Him, quieten our hearts and souls so He can speak back to us. If we never listen for His voice, then we only have a one-sided, begging, ‘gimme’ relationship.
4. We must seek His face. Not only do we pray to God, ask for our blessings and thank Him for what He has given, but as previously stated, we must listen to Him. Seeking His face and not our own will is what prayer is about. Seeking God’s face and what He would have us to do for Him. The other day I heard of a young man who shaved his head ‘for Christ’. The Lord woke me up and said, “this young man is trying to hear My voice and serve Me when in actuality, he’s bring attention to himself, not Me.” I thought that is so true. We know this young man, he is trying so very hard to serve Christ and all the while is bringing more attention to himself. Not Christ. We must seek His face to know His will for our lives and ministry.
5. Everyone wants God’s blessings in our lives. Works does not save us, but as Christians, we have an obligation to God to serve him. In doing this, we must have a pure heart. If we never turn from the ways of the world, then the world controls us instead of us controlling this life through Christ. Many believe “I have given my life to Him, now Christ “OWES” me what His Word says. Well, unfortunately, He only owes us blessings as we follow and serve Him. Having repeated sins in our lives, only causes a break in our prayer life and relationship with Him. We must turn from our sinful ways, addictions, unforgiveness and things of this life which are controlling us. We must live a spirit-led life.
NOW we see if we follow these four things, then God hears us, and will heal our land. When we look at today’s economy, sin abounding and unholy lives being brought to the forefront, it is easy to get discouraged. We must remember, God is in control and we must serve Him. Not Him serving us.
I feel the key to this verse is “IF” we are willing to do His will through obedience, then He will fulfill His Word!
God bless and have an awesome day! Be sure to listen to us on www.live365.com and our Ad4j Radio Network! I know it will be a blessing to you.